Pages

Sunday, July 6, 2014

Time in a Bottle - OUAS July Challenge

This month's theme over at Once Upon a Sketch is Numbers. Picking a number and center your journalling around it. Based on this sketch:

 Here is my entry:



I titled it "Time in a bottle" but the number I chose was 247365.... The journalling is sealed in the envelope on the page as reads as follows:

247365 - 24 hours a day 7 days a week 365 days a year. Like the song Time in a Bottle there doesn't seem to be enough time to share with you. So these moments that we get, like the hike we did the day this photo was taken, are all the more precious to me.

I used Bo Bunny Somewhere in Time collection, and did lots of inking and distressing. I also used homemade molding paste and Lindy's Stamp Gang sprays.

 I sealed the envelope with the journalling in it with my wax seal. I thought it added to the vintage feel to the page.
 Here I used a Tim Holtz die and embossed it with Lindy's Stamp Gang embossing powder in Byzantine Bronze. I added clock parts and a bottle. This clock is set to 4:00 - the time my husband and I got married.
The other two clocks on the page are set to 2:40 and 5:30 the times our children were born.

Thanks for taking a peek!

Create something wonderful today.

xoxo Amanda

2 comments:

  1. Love it! The way you've used the envelope is fabulous....the numbers idea is fabulous too...in fact, your whole page is....FABULOUS!! Thanks so much for sharing with us at OUAS....And if you haven’t already done so, you can link this to our Once Upon A…Sketch Facebook Page for a chance at our special FB prize!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I could not agree with you more on your sentiment - I love the idea of the numbers that is so clever. The clock is perfect and the photo lovely all comes together to create a wonderful layout. Thanks so much for playing along with us at OUAS this month.

    ReplyDelete